Eventually most pregnant women have to face the fact that they need a really nice pair cloths sometime during the 9 months either for a wedding, party, or special occasion. So, following after many other mother's to be, I found myself faced with the dilemma of finding something for a couple of weddings and a church outfit.
I knew that I could use a nice pair of black pants. I've always struggled with the issue of finding a petite length for my 5' 2.5" frame and unlike most women of my size I don't alter. Why? Don't care to pay any extra money and would rather rollup or wear higher heeled shoes. I've been fortunate to find things in the past for my height, but now in my new found round tummy it became a bigger issue. I attacked Mimi and found a pair of nice pants & a really really really cute top but at the end the price tax associated to it was just unbearable ($200). I wouldn't even pay for this outfit pre-pregnancy so why would I do it now?
At Maternity Gap I found some peace. A nice pair of black pants and does need some alternation but I could probably pass it w/ a higher heeled shoe. I also found the top I've been eyeing for a few months. It was also on sale and in my size. What a relief!!
Of course now I have to try on my shoes to see if my foot has indeed bloated. I currently wear gym shoes that give a bit more room, but I figure if I must I shall suffer the walk and give my restless feet a rest by getting out of the shoes when I'm sitting. I know it's bad but at this point I am not going to buy new shoes on top of having to buy everything else.
To my sister, Grace in Korea, you're lucky we're somewhat close to height b/c you'll inherit some nice maternity wear! Sorry Heddie, you're just a bit too tall for them, but maybe the shirts will fit, if they are fashionable. HJ...I'lll just have to buy you something b/c I do hope it's totally not in fashion when you're at my state. As always, I can save the bra and under garments for you - hee hee hee - or mom will save it for you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Also check Motherhood Maternity. They have Mimi Maternity type clothes, but much much more reasonable price. They made quite a profit off of me and once I stopped shopping there, the store closed or re-located! Ha ha ha!
Anything you need sister dear...I shall buy for you. What are we for then? I hope you like what I got you. Next time...you pick and I'll pay. Thanks for the hand-me-down...that is...once things start for us. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. My eggs are gettin OLD!
Post a Comment