Friday, May 13, 2005
Cold #2
I have another head cold. This is the second one since being pregnant. I went to bed on Tuesday night feeling fine and woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible sore throat. I went to work on Wednesday thinking that maybe my allergies were acting up. By around 10 I realized it was a cold. I felt worse as the day progressed. Thank goodness that I can take Tylenol b/c it has helped alleviate the body aches and I could fall asleep for a longer period of time. I’m still congested but feeling a lot better today. Tim made me chicken broth, which I had today for lunch w/ noodles. It was very tasty. Just the thing for a congested cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
have you ever heard of the neti pot? no, it's not something you smoke...it's for sinus congestion:
www.thenetipot.com
i had an allergy attack once at a friend's party, and he gave me a neti pot treatment and it worked really well! it looks gross and feels weird, but if you do it right, it really clears you up faster than waiting for drugs to kick in...
it also makes sense that nasal cleansing will lessen the likelihood of catching colds and other infections, since things seem to like growing in our noses...
i know merz apothecary in lincoln square sells them...they're like $20, but you can get them cheaper on the web...also, you can just use kosher salt for the solution...
we actually go to the apothecary a lot for natural remedies since i'm nursing and also for cadence, since we don't want to use harsh drugs for her if we can avoid it...
i've got a chest cold now, and cadence's nose hasn't stopped running for about 10 days now...i wish i could use the neti pot on her...
hope you feel better!
Post a Comment