Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hard Weekend

We flew to Pittsburgh for Gram’s 95th birthday party. It was great to see everyone but from the time I landed I got sick. Yup – head cold #4. I couldn’t stop sneezing to save my life. Of course the day started with a call that our 6AM flight was cancelled. It’s 4:00am and we’re calling the airlines to figure out our flights out. We finally get a flight out at 7am to Columbus, then have to switch flights from Columbus to Pittsburg to arrive at around 11am. It’s days like these when the plane happens to be all the way on one end and our connection was on the other side. I got my walk in for the day, but so did my ankles – swelled up like a balloon!

We arrived at Pittsburgh, Hugh and the kids picks us up. We headed over to Oakmont (where Gram’s lives) had a nice lunch, then got ready for the party at 2pm. The party went well and we met a lot of aunts/uncles/cousins from Ginny’s side of the family. I sat down as often as I could, playing with the kids.

Afterwards we were off to uncle Ted and Mary’s to spend the evening with family. It was fun, but I just couldn’t stop sneezing. My ankles looked really bad, I did take a picture but haven’t gotten a chance to post them).

I didn’t sleep at all on Saturday night. Could not get comfortable or breathe. Sunday, we went to gram’s church, which was not a/c so my feet ballooned right back up. It was so bad that I couldn’t put my feet back into my sandals – ugh!!! I just felt miserable the entire weekend and was happy to be home. I was out sick yesterday, horrible headache. I’m doing a bit better today, so I decided to come into the office.

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

i couldn't believe what my ankles used to look like after i had ellie.