Jacob is now 11 days old. I can't believe that he's arrived. After a long 9 months he's finally here. I'm so glad too. Pregnancy is overrated, in my opinion - ha ha ha I’m glad to have him home. He’s been to the dr. twice now. His first visit was on 10/25/2005. He had already gained his birth weight (8.8 pounds). Then we went back yesterday (10/31/2005) b/c he was experiencing some really bad gas pains from his formula. We’ve switched him to soy based formula which I’ve noticed a huge difference. He still gets some gas pains but not as badly as before. I could count the exact time after each feeding that he’d experience them and he’d go into a screaming crying – not fun.
For those who do not know – Jacob is not being breastfed. He’s a formula baby. He would not latch on and had an aversion to the breast. Last week we saw cranial sacral specialist and a lactation specialist which did not help with his latch. I know that other breastfed mother had to try for several weeks but this mother was at her wits ends by the end of last week. A hard decision to that I sometimes wonder if I should have stuck to it longer but in the end I’m a lot happier right now and really enjoying my time with Jacob.
Jacob is now 9.2 pounds – as of yesterday’s visit. He’s growing, very healthy, and happy. I am also feeling a lot better. Moving around easier and starting to “itch” which means I’m healing. I love not being controlled by my hunger anymore. I love not overeating like a crazy mad person, even when I was pumping I was driven by food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like jacob is doing great! and don't feel guilty that he's a formula baby! they now make formula with the same fatty acids in breast milk...you need to do what it takes to be a happy momma, cuz a happy momma=happy baby, and that's what counts!
i also had an aversion to the breast when i was a baby so i was raised on formula and god knows what else...and i seem to be okay!
enjoy these early weeks and months with jacob, esp. before you go back to work...he's never going to be this tiny again!
Formula is great, isn't it? Tee hee hee.
As you know, Ellie didn't latch on well either. Maybe it was because there was nothing to latch on to! Ha ha ha!
But I pumped like crazy the first 2-3 weeks and put that in her bottle. Over time, we slowly mixed it with formula. Talk about feeling like a cow!
So, what are you guys looking more forward to:
Enjoying a life full of the goodness of your child and the smiles he brings to your home...
or...
that we are bringing the Dyson over...
Hmmmm....Tough one...
Post a Comment