Monday, October 09, 2006

Bucktown 5K

Each year, Tim and I try to run the Bucktown 5K. It's how we end the running season. Our next is usually the Shamrock, which we hope to run but that depends on whether they are stroller friendly. Anyway, last year, I was 8 months pregnant ended up walking the 1 mile, for obvious reasons.

This year we were all able to run it. J-bird sitting comfortably in his running stroller while daddy pushed him along. While emo Heddie and mommy ran. For my first 5K since after the birth I am happy to have met an old time (not my best but at least the start), right?

We started the morning scrambling to get to a race that started at 8:30am and feeling like maybe we took more than we should, but by the end we both really missed everything about running. We definitely plan to do more family runs together! I have J-birds warm blanket and footy for the cooler weathers. Here we come!!

2 comments:

Madmadammaidy said...

Congrats on the run you guys!

I miss running. Alex and I plan to take part in the Long Grove 5K next August...don't know if Jack will be in a running stroller though.

QueenWanydala said...

really inspiring. Crazy!, but inspiring.