Thursday, March 01, 2007

Without Mittens

We managed to get through this very chilly and still ongoing winter without gloves for our little man. The thought brings some shivers of shame, but in my own defense, we did have mittens for him. They just did not fit him. By the time we got around to exhanging them they were on reduced reduced prices and a larger size was not in site. So we made the decision that he'll go without for another few weeks.

What do I do? I wrap him up in a blanket, as we run to the car. There are no strolls to the park, but even with gloves there wouldn't be at this temperature.

I know this won't work this next winter but for his 2nd winter he toughed it out again.

So the picture you're looking at is our little man wearing his father's gloves.

3 comments:

QueenWanydala said...

ha ha...how cute. Ellie refuses to wear her mittens. if she only knew about the suffering kids that go without. tee hee hee.

he looks awesome with dad's gloves! i love the picture.

heddie said...

I can hear him going "aaahhh" in the picture.

Anonymous said...

cadence won't wear mittens either. she doesn't seem to mind the cold. i'd try putting them on her, but once we got in the car, she'd be yelling to take them off. oh well. i guess i'll just wait until she's interested in making snowballs to reintroduce them.