Monday, August 20, 2007

Car Trip

We've arrived safely and in one piece (mind) at Tim's parent's. We started our drive on Friday night. Jacob was a trooper but it really was the dvd player that did it for us. Especially at the start of the trip when we were trying to get out of the city! It always takes that additional hour b/c of traffic. He sat there amazed that he could watch Barney on the player. He would drink his milk and eat his snacks while watching his favorite dino.

We met up with HJ to drop off a futon matress that she couldn't fit at school and headed toward our midway destination. Stayed at a hampton inn, very nice!!! The following morning we had breakfast, provided at the inn (plus!!!), and drove 2 hours to Columbus - the only Starbucks we could find off the highway!!! Stretched our legs and walked around a nice German Village area. He loved to pick up sticks and wave them around. This was nice as Tim and I drank our coffee.

2 hours left to Tim's parents. I drove the last leg b/c I cannot draw/read/write in any moving anything, but Tim can. So they did just that and then he crashed hard! He slept the last hour in and we woke up him (which we hardly ever do) when we arrived. He was very sleepy eyed but so excited to Tim's parnets.

He's been having a great time playing with their new dog - Alli - she's about 3 or 4 years old. They had just gotten her a week ago. He's been outside in the back yard, oh how nice it would be to have one of those.

It's now Monday and I'm working. It's too busy for me to take the entire week off so I'm working through it here. I do plan to take a day or two here.

No comments: