Thursday, November 15, 2007

Field Museum




Tuesday we went to the Field Museum. Tim had to go for a science class project where he as to write 2 papers. I waited till the last minute to decide and went. I'm so glad that I did go. I have so much work to do but in the end 3 hours wasn't going to get me that much ahead and I'd rather be with Jake.

It had been over a year since we've been at the Field. Jake was around 9 months when we went to see the Tut exhibit. Tim's friend was in town and wanted to check it out. It was the fastest exhibit that I went through in my life. Jake didn't want to accomidate the quiet exhibit and wanted to roam around. I ended up having to wait for Tim and Craig.

This time around was different. They have a new children's play lab, which Jake loved. He enjoyed roaming around and going through the mammal exhibit to see all the stuffed animals and call them out. Personally it creeps me out to think they are all real. The added plus was that we went on Tuesday so it was free, the weather was gorgeous so we left our jackets in the car and he just LOVED running around in there with all the space. It wasn't crowded at all.

I'm so glad that I went and got to experience this time with him. It also made me realize how much I'd love to be a stay at home mom, which I know isn't going to happen but at least I got a small glimpse of it, which was nice.

No comments: