Thursday, April 10, 2008

Update on Chaos

So the last time I blogged we were getting signs of relief with Tim's mom visiting to help us with Jake. Then it was a whirlwind. I went to India for work for 2 weeks at the beginning of March, which threw off another week for me to adjust back. Shortly thereafter the 3 girls that work for me came from India, they're working here for 3 months. Then visitors from out of town for a weekend with the arrival of my sister, her husband and their adorable sweet little girl.

Along with this Tim has begun his full time teaching and he's gone everyday so on Sunday through Wed we (Jake and I) go to my mom's b/c she watches him while I'm in the office (with the 3 girls from India but it's our other office so I have to drive there). Being at my mom allows me to spend time with my sister, who's suffering with jet lag that's longer b/c her little 1 year old isn't adjusting as quickly. Then on Wednesday night we come back home.

This week was unique for us b/c on Monday we had handymen over to paint our basement and fix up things we needed to get done. We are in a bit of disarray but hope to recover this Saturday by organizing our place to put it on the market. My wish is to put it up in a week or two and pray we have people who are interested.

What else? Needless to say, planning for meals has gone out the door. Right now I'm just eating whatever we have and at my parent's at least my mom is there to feed us, even though it's Korean (I love Korean food but there is a limit even to eating the same thing, but beggars cannot be choosers).

This is our life for the rest of this month. Today however, I decided to work from home. As much as I know I should make an appearance right now sanity is in order for myself. I think I'm also suffering from a slight possible cold, which isn't at it's fullest yet. Jake is sick. So is my sister and her little girl.

So this is why I haven't written in awhile. I have had little time to stop and think, let alone write. Now back to work.

No comments: