Thursday, April 14, 2005

2nd Appointment

We had our 2nd dr. appointment yesterday. Tim made it to the office earlier than me. I apparently had the slow bus driver. In the end I was only 10 minutes late.

The visit was short. Basically got results from all the blood work, from visit #1, and I'm not anemic, or have thyroid issues, or whatever else they tested. One thing that did come back was I had bacteria in my urine and as a precaution they want me to take this antibiotic. The office neglected to call me about this and she apologized. Apparently there is no harm but just in case they want to take measure to get rid of it. I feel no different.

Of course the weigh in - most dreaded by me. Well, I have to say there scale is WRONG b/c they had me at gaining 6 pounds since my last visit. I went to my gym's scale, which is where I weigh myself and checked last night which told me that only gained 2 (since last dr. visit). How annoying!!! My dr. didn't feel concerned about the weight gain, so I guess I shouldn't.

Afterwards we heard the heartbeat (via Doppler). Pumpkin is beating at 160 bpm - which is good. At our 7 week pumpkin was at 140 bpm. So normal.

She did say that I am low risk, which is good to hear.

Tim was as supportive as ever.

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

i've been put on antibiotics twice since ellie's pregnancy. somehow, pregnant women are more susceptible to UTI's. It's common and I didn't notice a difference either.