I've been told by several people that in order to secure a spot for our child, in daycare, we needed to get on a waiting list. I found one that was highly recommended by a parenting network that we belong to in the city. In order to be put on their waitlist we needed to come to the daycare to meet the director and get a tour.
At 7:30am today we arrived at the daycare, which is administered from a church building. They are not affiliated to the church but use the space next to it, which I really liked. The infant care room holds 12 cribs. It seemed secure and the people all seemed friendly. I had a really good feeling after I left there.
I read their mission statement, which I felt seemed more in line with what I would want for pumpkin. For example, for birthdays they sing a song and allow the birthday child to pick a book but do not allow cakes or candies. When they get older they provide meals, nutritious meals and even teach the kids to make certain foods. The kids go out everyday (unless it's really bad outside) and sometimes twice a day. Even infants go out at least once a day. It's a neighborhood feel to it.
We have 2 others to look at but I felt good about this place. It isn't cheap but then it's so worth it for my pumpkin. That is if daycare is the route we end up taking.
We were assured that we'd get a spot when the time came, so I'm glad that we have the option to take it when the time arrives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How could you deny pumkin's FIRST birthday cake? That's torturous! I will bring pumkin a deliciously sweet cake! Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment