Monday, April 11, 2005

Word is spreading at work

Starting last week a few people started to come up to either to ask or contgratulate me. It could be my belly looking like I've eaten for 4 people or my face starting to get back to it's round face formation. A few people thought that I might have gained my weight back but as the rumor spreads they soon realized it was due to a new addition to the Buzzard household.

I am and probably will remain in shock for quite awhile about being pregnant. I was thinking that maybe when I'm bigger and can feel pumpkin kicking away that it will hit me or when the baby is delivered or maybe it will hit me when this small child looks at me and calls me mom or maybe I'm really slow and when my child is like 18 going away to college it will hit me...hahahaha

Yes, odd for such a planner as myself. I'm a GREAT planner, but that never equates to coping. Well, in time I hope to ease into being a mom, right now it's still very foreign and strange. One bright note, I do find that I touch my belly more as if the baby can feel it...but knowing s/he can't - so that means i'm dealing - right?

I am not looking forward to strangers touching my belly. I may just reach out and touch their belly, lets see if they like it any better. In my perfect world people will ask me rather than reach. I know it's tempting...but come...it is my belly and as a woman...we are still quite sensitive about this particular area - of all the areas to touch. I would never reach a women's stomach and rub it w/o asking...but again I realize that is my perfect world and people are just excited for me....I must learn to chant it and smile through it.

5 comments:

QueenWanydala said...

I shake my head...I do remember a certain hand rubbing my belly!...a hand that belonged to a certain someone who rubbed and rubbed as if I were a lamp! named EJ!

EJ said...

Really? How rude!!!

EJ said...

I didn't mean friend but stranger who come up and rub you...that is just weird.

Anonymous said...

hey EJ & tim!

welcome to the 'parenthood-by-surprise' club!

i don't know what you're talking about your belly being big or your face being round...i just saw you on saturday and both belly & face looked pretty slim to me...unless you totally porked up in like 2 days...

anywho, i'll be thinking happy thoughts for you and the little pumpkin! can't wait for cadence to have a little cousin so close by!

xoxo

QueenWanydala said...

ej, i didn't mind the belly rubbing. you can rub my belly anytime...pregnant or not! Ha!