Thursday, April 21, 2005

Week 14 - 2nd Trimester

Welcome to 2nd trimester little pumpkin. We've safely made it through the first and with great ease to your mother, which I do appreciate. I read that you've started to begin practicing inhaling and exhaling by sending amniotic fluid in and out of the lungs. You're also using your thumbs as opposed to your other fingers for sucking - how smart of you. You're creating your own red blood cells for antibodies and your muscles in your cheeks are strengthening with the sucking motion and salivary glands are beginning to function.

You're about 3.5 - 4 inches tall, weigh 1 ounce and you're the size of a computer mouse or small fist.

How is your mother doing? She's just looking bigger than ever. Your father was rubbing my tummy and kinda freaking out at how round/hard it felt. I kept telling him to wait each month...as I continue to grow.

I now have a more obvious pregnant belly where strangers at the gym have started to ask if I was expecting. I suppose I've moved out of the "maybe she's fat" to "pregnant". We haven't gotten to the point where complete strangers at the train have asked me, so with normal everyday clothing I look normal, which is nice. It's like a secret that I hold that others don't know and I kinda like keeping it a secret, but this secret is sure popping out faster than I'm ready.

No comments: