Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Crossing the Boarder

This past weekend, Heddie and I went to Toronto for John and Pricilla's wedding. It was fun hanging out with the Hwang family. Seeing everyone, catching up on our lives, and being with sweet Mia. It's amazing how in 6 months she went from smiling at you to responding/copying you. I love hearing her say "um-ma" - although she uses it to everyone, it's absolutely adorable to hear her say it.

And to those curious, yes we did get our ketchup chips. How many? It's quite uncertain at this point b/c it's been divided among the Kim family, sorry Grace you luck out this time. Tim left me with a charge to come back with enough ketchup chips to last me through this pregnancy, I do hope it does lasts. As usual we received funny stares from the immigration people, but I'm so used to it now and things like that don't deter me. Even the laughs from Eun Soo's family. By now they should know that I'm a bit excessive about these chips. I cannot blame it on hormones b/c this obsession has occurred for now 20 years - and going strong.

Next time we meet I will be coming with our own family addition. Maybe then Eun Soo may also have yet another addition to her family. How fun it will be to see our children grow up and hopefully develop a friendship. That would be 3 generations of the Kim-Hwang friendship. I do need someone to carry on the ketchup chip obsession across the boarder. Maybe then the US will have their own brand of ketchup chips? I can wish, can't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Eunjin...so cute when you write stuff. I can not help but correct...A boarder is probably slang for someone who likes to surf. A border can be a decorative trim or a line that separates 2 countries. :)

I also had so much fun in Canada! I loved loved loved Mia-shee. She was so adorable and now I definately am more excited to see the little pumpkin outside of mommy's belly.