Monday, June 27, 2005

Nursery Progresses

This weekend Tim started the electrical work in the nursery. The nursery currently has 2 lights on the side of the wall. The original owners had placed it there and I’ve been bothered by it’s placement from day one. I understand the person who had it put there had a bed underneath it so it worked for them, but not for us and basically it limits the room which is really not an effective use of space. Yes, I’m all about making sure things are practical.

Well, Tim tackled the task of covering up the lights and putting an overhead light in the room, which matches the dark hardwood floors we have. He even installed a dimmer!! By the end of the day our new light fixture was up, the 2 lights on the wall covered, and a dimmer switch working.

We even bought shelves that we plan to place above the closet doors and 4 between the 2 windows. I shall try to remember to post pictures as we progress along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tim-I'm really impressed. I didn't know you knew how to do electrical stuff.....good for you. What brand of paint and the exact color name from Home Depot?