Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Little Resistance!!

There are days when I am really good and eat very healthy. I don’t require a whole lot of food either, I’m quite satisfied. Then there are days like today where I feel like the bottomless pit. I’ve had my usually breakfast and even a nice lunch w/ cherries, but I still felt hungry. I wanted something SWEET, which is a big draw back in pregnancy b/c it’s hard to curb the cravings. So now I’m sitting here at work munching on strawberry pop tarts, work provided and of course they stocked up today. Waiting for the pop tarts in the toaster I found cookies – I stopped at 4 – but they were chocolate covered cookies. This is definitely telling me this child is Tim’s b/c I usually do not eat chocolate. I’m more a candy person.

As I munch away I remind myself that I’ll have to walk or run this off eventually. My mind is saddened by the lack of control but my belly is LOVING every single BITE of it and does not care about my mind or control.

Well, pumpkin should be kicking in another hour – all happy with the sugar….ugh!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are too good! i doubt i would have stopped with the 4th cookie...don't beat yourself up...at least the sugar makes pumkpkin get a little exercise too, eh?

QueenWanydala said...

you're too funny! I say eat what you can when you can. You will have no trouble shedding the pounds afterwards.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling sister. Read my web-site about no hot water. Last night after a nice 2 mile run, I went for some chocolate rice krispies. My tummy and mouth were so happy but later I felt sick to my stomach. The body gets used to eating a certain way and junk food, despite its instant gratifying pleasure, ends up making us sick!

Anonymous said...

wany's right...you'll shed those pounds quick, esp. if you plan on breastfeeding AND resume your exercise regime once you're well enough...unlike me cuz i'm one of those unlucky people who can't lose weight while breastfeeding cuz of the hormones...