Monday, July 18, 2005

Swollen Ankles

I had my first swollen ankle experience on Friday night. Craig (Tim’s best friend from out of town), Tim and I had dinner in the city. We walked back to Craig’s hotel and as I put my foot up I noticed my ankles had swelled up. I knew I was hot but didn’t realize that I was retaining fluids in my feet. By Saturday morning the swelling went down, my feet are back. I made sure not to overheat on Saturday and rested on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had big problems with swollen ankles...my doctor made me stay home from work for a week towards the end of last july because of it...so i bought a pair of sandles that had adjustable laces, and those were the only shoes i wore for the rest of the summer and the first month or so postpartum, until my feet went back to their original size...

the swelling gets worse with the heat, so take it easy during this crazy heat wave! our family almost died from the heat and humidity yesterday, but that's what we get for being crazy and going to a rock 'n' roll festival in the middle of summer in chicago!