Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Dr. Appointment

I saw the dr. this morning and we are all doing well. I’m measuring right on target, weight gain is going up (some of it is the swelling), blood pressure is good, and pumpkin is beating at 140 bpm.

I feel like the model citizen. Where everything is right on target, which is nice. My visits don’t end up lasting long and it’s always quite uneventful, which is a good sign.. I did ask if my dr. performed episiotomy and she said “only 2 in the last 3 years” which was good to hear. I told her that I did not want that unless absolutely needed.

We are now down to seeing the dr. every 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you've got a good doctor if she's only performed 2 episiotomies in the last 3 years...unless she has a high c-section rate and that's why she doesn't perform as many Es as most doctors do...let's hope it's because she knows how to coax that baby out slowly and gradually without having to snip snip!

QueenWanydala said...

my sentiments are exactly like sierrajuliettromeo.

i freaked out at the thought of an episiotomy, but my pushing despite the thought was not good enough...sigh...

ellie was a stubborn baby from the get go...she would not reveal herself during the ultrasound, refused to come out til threatened by the doc. two weeks after her due date and made me push for 2 freakin' hours! i can't believe that was only 2 years ago.