At lunch today I went to order my lasagna. The girl at the checkout counter says, “pretty soon – huh?”
I reply, “no – 2 more months.”
Then the look which reads as, “oh, and you’re this big already?” with her head shaking side to side.
At this point I want to say this but refrain, “yes but at least I am not 200 pounds of pure fat.” Instead I walk away. I’ve noticed similar reactions from strangers over the past few weeks. I know I am BIG and yes I know it looks amazing that I can still WALK upright but stop and think for a moment – it is my body and your stupid comments or there lack of facial expressions do not HELP ME feel any better about my hugeness!!!!!
This is when I yell at them (in my head) – lets see you workout like me and survive but in stead I politely I grabbed my cheese fries (which I was sharing) and lasagna – waddling away…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How rude! I think you look great! And how many women who are 7 months pregnant still hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week? Tsk on her. :P ~Heddie
A healthy baby and a healthy mother are far better than a malnutritioned baby and an anorexic mother. The baby will be healthy, big and strong! It gives you the right to say..."Well, my baby is stronger than yours!"
Sadly, the rubbing of the belly and unwise remarks are just the "annoyances" that come with pregnancy. Every pregnant mother has experienced both, so don't feel too bad about...I know, easier said than done, but I've been there too and as much as you want to rip their heads off (with all the hormones raging as well), best to put your mind on more important things.
You look great, by the way! So glad you posted recent pics. See you soon!
my bradley class instructor told me about a friend of hers who was so worried about her body shape that she worked out like crazy and didn't eat very much during her pregnancy and ended up with a 4lb baby who will probably have health problems for life...
and by the look of your swollen ankles, i bet most of your weight is water weight, and you'll lose most of that in the first week after the baby is born...i know women who gained 80lbs during their pregnancy and are now skinny as bean poles...
egads! people can be so clueless!
Post a Comment