My fear is that we’ll be the parents you all can’t stand, unless you’re a parent yourself. The ones that you get annoyed at b/c you feel that we can’t control our child from crying.
Let me first say, no we cannot control our child from crying. I’ve tried and it does not work. You can try to distract your child when they are crying so that they can forget the reason why they are crying, but once they’re set to crying, it is hard.
If you have a child who’s in PAIN, well – forget stopping it. All we can do is comfort. I’m sure that in the back of my mind I’ll be wishing or praying for the pain to end, but if cabin pressure hits and his poor little ear drums can’t handle it, he will cry. I’m just grateful that it’s a short flight.
I’ll keep you posted in how things turn out.
1 comment:
it's hard being in public when your kid is crying. but i try to tell myself that 100% of the general adult population was a baby or toddler once, and they surely exhibited their share of tantrums and crying fits during their early years, so if they don't have the grace to show a little understanding for a crying baby, then i wouldn't bother to feel bad at their annoyance, which is just a product of their lack of compassion.
what's scary are the kids who DON'T cry because they are too scared of their parents and so they repress all their feelings until they are numb. believe me, you are doing society a favor by raising your son compassionately.
Post a Comment