On Mother’s Day we went out to eat, we did not BBQ at my parent’s b/c
They no longer have a grill, we have it.
Even if they had a grill, it just sat there.
The weather was rainy, cloudy, and just chilly (although the Maidy’s did attempt their BBQ – good for YOU and SMART!!!)
We, along with all the other Asians in the northwest suburbs went to ToDi, an “all-you-can-eat” sushi/seafood buffet. I felt like I was in Korea b/c no one followed the designated lines, people would cut in front of each other to get that one item (rather than waiting in line), I could hear the “yugi-oh” all around me b/c our people do not wait patiently for the server, we call them out. And I must mention that I hadn’t seen this many curly permed hairs with multi-color tops around in…since…um…um…CHURCH!!
And I do suspect that if you were to check the purses of these suspicious permed hair with multi-color tops mom’s– there would be kal-bee or sushi rolls snuck next to their cell phone. Some even brought their own doggy bags with them…yes…this is my people!
I shall not admit if I’ve partook to this new mother-hood traditions but all I can say is that we did have some leftovers for lunch today.
2 comments:
You're an ajuma...a bonafide ajuma! ha ha ha... I, on the other hand, still live with my boyfriend of 5 years...
what's next? A perm?
Post a Comment