Not us. Our sitter for Mon, Tues and Wed has mono. She was sick last week with a cold. This week I talked to her Sunday and she confirmed she was coming this past Monday. Monday - no show. I found out her cell phone battery died and she got into a car accident. So she can still drive the car and said she'd be over on Tuesday. I get a text on Tues morning saying she is going to the ER. I felt like I was in someone else's nightmare. I had to give her benefit of the doubt b/c you just never know. If she really wanted to get out of sitting then she could have never called me back, but she sounded honest.
Tuesday night I get the call - she has mono. So that ended our sitting relationship with her. We need for the next 2 weeks and there is no way she can do it. She felt bad but at least we can prepare.
So that was end of week 5 for us. We worked it out (I worked at home) and Tim had to miss one day to teach b/c I had to be in the office for meetings.
Week 6 - Monday is President's Day so Tim doesn't have school. I can be in the office. I'll be at home on Tues and Wed. Then back in the office on Thur and Friday. Busy busy busy week.
Week 7 - Tim's mom is coming to watch Jacob! Yeah!!! It's his last week of mini-teaching so we get a 2 week daytime break (no sitters needed) and just dealing with school.
The 2 week break is before the crazier season of our lives. What we are going through now isn't even close to the next phase - more to come.
We will manage and get through it. It's a matter of how I'll turn out at the end of it all....hee hee.
No comments:
Post a Comment