Week 3 for us was a bit odd b/c of the snow day on Friday, so we didn't require the sitter to come by and everyone else I know stayed home, if possible. Tim also didn't have to teach on Wednesday b/c the kids were off to a field trip, which he didn't have to go to, so we didn't need sitting.
We now begin week 4 and it's a nice relief to know we've made it through halfway. Already starting off with a bang - sitter called and she is sick (sounded horrible) so rather than have her come to get us all sick I told her stay home and rest. I'll work through it and get through my morning. I do have a conference call at 10:30 but it should work out.
The biggest struggle for us is meals. Tim needing every free time he has to study we have to really plan out our meals. Lunch is easy b/c you can always go light but having to get to a calss by 6 and getting ready (out the door), Tim needs to be eating by around 5. We've planned our meals (2 weeks in advance) and we cook Saturday, Sunday and Monday. That way Tues, Wed and Thurs we eat leftovers from our weekend cooking.
Another adjustment has been grocery shopping. The first 2 weeks we'd do our grocery shopping on the way home from church, which just left way too little time to prepare dinner, put Jacob down for his nap and eat at a decent time. So now our major bulk shopping is done on Friday and Saturday mornings is when I'd finish up the shopping (fruit market and other places need to be to get ingredients). Jacob is out of the house but Tim can study. We usually get back by lunch to start cooking up our meal.
So I think now at week 4 we have a somewhat schedule of events figured out and meals - so that we can just muddle through each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment