With the changes of my body, I’ve noticed the one word that most people use now to describe me. It is “cute”. Long gone are the words of “young” (that one was gone a long time ago), “sassy” (ok, so no one calls me sassy but in my mind they are saying it), “sexy” (a word that Tim should use more!!!), or “sporty” (now that is one I like a lot but hardly hear). Now it’s replaced with “cute”. I haven’t heard that since I was like 2 years old and I don’t even remember it.
I’m not sure how I feel about the new description. I suppose it’s better than “sexy” b/c then I’d have to wonder if the person needs an eye exam or has personal issues that I’d rather not know about.
What do I think when I see a pregnant woman? “You poor poor thing, carrying all that weight.” Or “So that’s how big your belly can expand?”
Terms I’ve said to myself “fully loaded in the front”, “pooched”, “looking extremely full from eating 3 meals at one time”, and “enjoy looking at those toes b/c they’re starting to fade from my vision”.
I guess in the end, pregnant woman are just that “cute” b/c we are carrying that special someone. Soon no one will notice me and all attentions will go to pumpkin and I do expect “cute” as a description from strangers!! Even if s/he is the ugliest baby in the world through my eyes I’m sure I’ll only see the beauty.
1 comment:
Next, you will look "glowing".
Post a Comment