Friday, May 06, 2005

Some People – No Manners

The other day on my ride home a very obvious pregnant woman got on the train with me. It was rush hour and the train was packed. She stood in front of a girl sitting. Did the girl move? Offer up her seat to this very pregnant woman? Nope, she sure didn’t. It wasn’t as if she was sleeping or reading. She obviously saw the woman. A guy standing offered his standing spot, which was in a corner where she could lean, for the lady and she declined. I’d assume the girl sitting there heard her b/c I did. What kills me is that the girl ended up getting off the following stop.

Where has people’s manners gone? My co-worker who’s due this week also said she experienced the same thing. It’s hard to stand on a train for about 30 minutes when you’re 8 months pregnant.

I’ve decided to ask people to give up their seat. If I’m that huge, uncomfortable, and can’t handle myself I’m just going to ask for their seat or fall on their lap.

On a redeeming note: yesterday on the train a girl immediately offered up her seat to me. I wasn’t wearing my jacket, way too nice here, so you could see pooch.

No comments: