We'd have this outstanding blood work that we've had to get done for our little man. I kept forgetting about it (yes deliberately) b/c the thought of having his blood drawn just tore me to pieces.
We finally went to get this done today. Just like everyone else, he has to sit in a seat (on my lap) and had his left arm tightened with the elastic band to show that beautiful greenish/blue vein. The nurse took out 2 viles to fill, which looked to me like they were each a gallon! There was another nurse to hold his arm out straight, while I held his other arm down.
Yes, he cried. Got all red faced and tears streaming. Yes, I did have to look at the needle (b/c I do that with my own and do not understand the whole idea of not looking b/c either way it hurts). It felt like an hour and those gallon viles were filled up.
I whispered (maybe I yelled b/c he was screaming) "all done" and in his own tears he whimpered "all done". We walked away and Tim waited for us saying "that was quick". Within 1 minute our little man was smiling as he was eating his oatmeal cookie that he'd taken to the hospital and held onto for just this occasion.
I told him we are going home and he would smile and say "home". So in the end the build up was worse than the actual events and it's all but forgotten to him. He just now stares at his arm with cotton bulging out and a band aid wondering how he ever got it.
I'm thankful for such short memories! I'm thankful that he doesn't think twice about it.
So now that is done I can go to India....NOT - hahahahaha
4 comments:
SAD!!!!!!!! Poor guy!
Why did he have to get his blood drawn? Is it standard for every baby over the age of 12 months?
I remember my dr. saying something about a test for IL. Maybe lead? But not 100% sure. I guess we'll know more when the dr. gets his results.
Post a Comment